Monday, November 29, 2010

My favorite time of year

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. This was our first Thanksgiving as married couples, which made it all the better. There was a plethora of food, and I was given the job of making sweet potato casserole. But the night before Thanksgiving, I realized that my so-called sweet potatoes were actually yams, which have a more yellow color. But I was determined to make this the best sweet potato/yam casserole yet. And the fact that there were NO leftovers said a lot. So I patted myself on the back!

Bryan and I just bought our Christmas tree from Lowes last night. I was looking at the Noble Firs, but Bryan said that we should have a Fraser Fir. "What's the difference?" I asked. "I don't know. My family always had them growing up." So, we brought home a Fraser Fir, which looks nice and now the smell of evergreen fills our apartment! That's the best part. Not the part where it takes hours to get the tree to be straight. That requires a lot of patience.

Wherever you are this Christmas, I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment